Saturday, April 3, 2010

business loans, monsterous rose bushes, and galleries

Its official I have my first small business loan! Now I shall purchase inventory for Mary Kay. Huzzah!

Life is pretty good up on the Hill. We're budgeting to get all debt payed off, save to open Sassafras, and save to buy a wee house or a bit of land on which to build a yurt. Spring is beginning to creep into the hills. I can't wait to plant our big beautiful container garden! We have just enough "yard" behind the garage to have a really good size garden. Currently there are tulips peeking out of the ground back there and a monsterous rose bush, that I've named Evelyn, growing in the space. We have to wait until May to plant though, which is oh so late in my opinion. We also plan to have lots of window boxes for herbs and flowers. We've been trying to figure out ways to live more sustainably in our apartment. I need to look into books on Sustainable Urban Living.

I decided earlier this week that it was time to focus on living the life I moved here to live. Thus far my life in RC has been much happier since this active choice was made! Its amazing how well positive thinking works to change the landscape of our lives.

I met a wonderful lady yesterday, who is on the gallery board for Spearfish. I gave her my contact info. I'd really love to be involved with that. I'm also going to go talk to the folks working on the new community art space this Sunday and see what I can do to help. Even if its just bringing them tasty bits every now and again.

5 comments:

  1. If you haven't already, take a loot at Urban Farm magazine. It's new, so you can't subscribe yet. They've put out two issues so far and Steve & I love them both. We don't live in an apartment, but a lot of the articles are about living sustainably in a small space, and many address aparment or rental living.
    --Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi glad to see a fellow vegan. I found your website thru Witchvox...you may find me thru facebook tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jadey! Always wonderful to find fellow vegans. Do you live in the Rapid City area? I maintain a local monthly vegan potluck if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. Jadey~ I'm really easy to find on FB...Ashley Kiefer...I looked for you but couldn't find you...

    ReplyDelete