Thursday, April 29, 2010

local food and what not

I discovered a wonderful website this morning. http://dakotalocalfoodnetwork.com/ It has fantastic listings for local farms, the farmer's market (which starts the first Sat. in June), local beekeepers, etc... I'm so excited! Through it I found out that there is a non-profit group here called, The Rapid City Urban Orchard Project, they're working with the park district to plant fruit trees in public spaces. Awesome!

I've also spent a good portion of my morning looking at homes for sale in the area. The big lovely farm house that I wanted isn't really in the country. Pictures can be so deceiving! Turns out its sandwiched between two other houses and is across the street from a huge industrial building. Sad. Today I found a couple of places with lots of land that still fall into the budget. I might drive out and look at them before work this afternoon.

Speaking of work, its been pretty good this week. Even with our DM in the store. I think she finally gets me as a person. We've had some very positive interaction the last two days and I'm feeling far less prickly towards her.

I'm really hoping for lovely weather this weekend. I want to get some plants started. It seems like the first of May is the right time to do that around these parts, although we can still have a freeze before summer arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum yum!! Its ounds like you are delicious lately! Sorry didn't get back to you about videophone chatting, do you have time this Sunday?

    ReplyDelete