Tuesday, March 30, 2010

getting the ickies out

I began my day in the mire. I felt rather isolated and grumpy. I realized that there are a lot of things that I'm not doing that I meant to do when I moved here. This needs to change. I'm at a job that I like but don't love. I started the Mary Kay business to do something I love, but that isn't in full swing yet. I applied for a job at the Journey Museum last week and plan to apply for a couple of jobs at the public Library tomorrow. I need to be doing work that I love. I also haven't been making any art. I need to schedule some studio time. I need to be drawing, painting, collaging or something. Carl and I have a large white board in the living room with our To Do Lists on it, today I added, "Live the life you moved here to live!" to my list. I also redid my budget, which should free up the money needed to do just that. I wish I felt like I had time to volunteer. There is a new community arts space going in downtown and I'd like to devote some time to it. Perhaps in a few weeks, once Bre is back at work and my schedule becomes normal, I'll have a wee bit of time to help with the new space.

Work wasn't too bad today. Things went smoothly although I did start the day off by killing ants in the break room. No one ever takes the garbage out at work, and well that means this morning we had an ant issue. ICK! That sort of thing shouldn't happen in a bridal shop. I think I put at least a momentary stop to the problem.

Carl and Leo are asleep on the couch. They're both sick. Plus, Carl had to work until midnight last night and then all day today. He's pooped and rightfully so.

The best part of my day was coming home to make dinner. I made guacamole, mexican rice, and pinto beans with spices and then wrapped it all up in tortillas. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment