Friday, March 26, 2010

PJs, plants, and pet rent

I'm lounging about in my pjs this morning. I don't have to be at work for a couple of hours yet, so I've been a wee bit lazy. Carl and I have both been working sooooo much lately that I feel like we need a mini vacation just to catch up on each others lives. Hopefully he won't need to go in on Sunday and he and I can have a date or at least do some household projects together.

The weather has been beautiful lately and should be staying that way for a bit. I want to sit outside and read while sipping tea and munching on tasty bits. I do think I'll pop down to Bully Blends for a wee bit of breakfasting before work.

No word on the business loan yet. I'm feeling impatient. I think mainly because if I can secure the loan today or early on Saturday, I can order my inventory, and I'll qualify for extra free stuff. I only get the extra free stuff if my order is in by midnight on Saturday. I have four customer orders, but unfortunately they don't total the amount needed to get the free bits. I may have to just suck it up and not get my goodies, but I have hope that I'll hear something from the bank before time is up.

I want to be working on gardening. I don't understand the growing season here yet, so I haven't started my plants. Carl and I have grand plans for a beautiful container garden and lots of lovely window boxes full of flowers and herbs. We need to brainstorm on this a bit more. We also need to decide how much longer we plan to stay up on the hill. There aren't any tenant laws here, so landlords do crazy things like charge $300 per pet for deposit and then tack on an extra $30 a month pet rent. So yeah, that would be $900 worth of pet deposit and $90 a month in pet rent for us. That equals $1980 in addition to base deposit and rent for a year. Insane! I think we should just buy a house, but that requires waiting until I've been at my job long enough to apply for a loan, and then of course going through the whole house buying process. It gives me butterflies! There is a cute little place with a huge yard in an up and coming neighborhood that we sort of like and is in our price range, but we're afraid its going to sell before we're ready to buy. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment