Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tea, Scones, and Dollar Signs...

I've been moving full steam ahead with my new Mary Kay business....I love it! My local team is so supportive and loving. Its nice to feel like I'm developing friendships here after all this time of only having Carl and Leo to keep me company. Not that I don't love my Carl and Leo time. Its the best! I just need girly time too.

I'm celebrating my first meeting with Pat Wahl, a business loan agent, at my bank. He's wonderful and I can tell he'll give me any help I need to succeed in my dreams of opening Sassafras. Right now he's working on getting me a very small loan so I can purchase some inventory from Mary Kay to better serve my customers. I should hear back from him this afternoon.

After my meeting, I stopped at Bully Blends to get a large cuppa tea and a tasty scone. I'm munching on them as I type. Their scones are far more dense than mine and made with whole wheat flour. They are awesome! I can't remember the name of the black tea that I'm sipping but it too is wonderful. I have yet to come across anything about Bully Blends that I don't adore. I'm excited for them to move to their new location even though its further away from our little hovel on the hill.

I wish I had the whole day off from David's Bridal so I could go exploring. I'd like to go visit Hill City today. Maybe I can do that some on Monday when I'm off all day, if this streak of beautiful weather holds out. I have to close the store tonight, so that leaves very little time for traveling to not so distant lands. I'm back to enjoying my job there. I've decided that I need to let go of the frustration that working for a corporate company always seems to cause within me. I know that if I complain at work with the other girls it only breeds more frustration and makes me crabby. I need to halt this behavior and just let my days flow by. I'm developing some very deep friendships with some of the girls there and I feel that nurturing those relationships and re-devoting myself to over the top customer service are key to fighting the frustration. Its also very good to know that Bre will be back from maternity leave in a couple of weeks, thus lightening my work load by half. This will allow me to focus on my job more effectively.

I think perhaps its time to watch a wee bit of tele and do a little cleaning before work. Maybe a wee nap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment