Monday, March 1, 2010

Sassafras Whimsy Emporium

As of today I own the Domain and Email for Sassafras Whimsy Emporium! YAY! I need start up cash....which equals lots of saving, lots of researching business loans, and lots of hoping for investors! I emailed the Rapid City Chamber of Commerce this morning, but haven't heard anything back yet. I need to contact the local office of the South Dakota Small Business Assoc. and find out what they can do for me. Then my next step is to actually start the physical writing of my business plan. It's all very exciting and seems to be producing a large flock of butterflies in my stomach. Is that the correct term for a grouping of butterflies?? I'm unsure.

In other news my Lia Sophia party went okay. I only had two of the ten people who said they'd be here show up. We had a really good time though! Plus, we have all kinds of delish snacky bits leftover for the munching!

Carl and I had an adventure yesterday. We went to a tasty Sushi place, called Ichiban, that was very affordable and then to the movies to see Wolfman. It was a fairly good film. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

I spent the morning at Bully Blends, sipping tea, snacking on a scone, and reading my new How To Start a Small Business in South Dakota book. Plus the weather is wonderful today, so I was able to walk there for once. After tea, I wondered about downtown for a bit. Popped in a couple of stores, but found nothing I needed. I peeked in empty storefronts and daydreamed of full shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment