Monday, July 12, 2010

Yippy Skippy

Yay! Betsy from Someone's In The Kitchen called and offered me the job I wanted today! To start out I'll be working Part-time running the coffee bar and helping customers on the floor, but she'd like me to take over some of the receiving in a month or so. This means I get to give notice at Seattle's Best tonight. I'm going to offer to stay on Part-time until I go Full-time at the other job. As much as I dislike the people I work with there, I do like my boss and I don't want to let her down when I know she needs my help. Plus, we just had a conversation about assholes who no-show, no-call the other day. I don't want to leave them in a bind, but I don't want to work there either. I start at SITK on Thursday morning, can't wait!

The call couldn't have come on a better day, I was very depressed this morning. I cried myself to sleep on the couch, because I was so lonely today. I often feel out of place in this town. I come from the land of liberals. I find myself sensoring what I say and what I tell people about myself here, far more than I did in Illinois. It makes me sad. Everyone I've met at SITK have made me feel like I'm at home. I'm hoping that continues as I work there.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job!!
    I know exactly how you feel about moving from a liberal community to a conservative one. I was so naive that I thought all communities were like Champaign-Urbana. When I first moved to Northern Virginia, there was a vote to restrict marriage to just between a man and a woman...and it passed!! There were huge yellow signs in churchyards advocating to "Vote Yes for Marriage." I was so mad!! That's just the first in a long line. Last week at a party we were playing Apples to Apples, and the word was "Confused." It was my turn to be the judge, and I chose "Republicans." The room went completely silent. And these were people my own age!
    The important thing to remember is that you are never alone, as cheesy as that sounds. There is always someone you can call or email, if not see in person. It gets easier over time. I used to cry every time I left Champaign, but now I look forward to coming out here. It's starting to feel like home. Don't worry! It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! Its good to know that someone understands how I'm feeling.

    ReplyDelete