Tuesday, July 20, 2010

getting by and traveling along

Today was my third day working at Someone's In The Kitchen. Its wonderful! I already feel at home. This is a very good thing because I'm getting sick. My body hurts in ways that it hasn't for years. Though its slightly scary, at least this time I know what causes it and how to care for myself. I need balance and routine so I can stay healthy.

I'm planning a trip home to Illinois for mid-September. I'm hoping that Carl and Leo can come with me. If they do, its a lot cheaper for us to drive than it is to fly. If they don't, it only cost's $80 more to fly than it does for me to drive. I plan on spending a chunk of the trip at my sister's new house up north for Chloe and Jack's birthdays. Then I'll visit CU for a day or two before heading back here. As much as I wish I could tack on a few days down south at my folk's house, that would add an extra 12 hours of driving. I don't think I can fit it all into a week.

I need to spend the rest of today cleaning our house. It looks like a bomb went off in here. I just haven't had the time or the energy to clean this past week. I've either been too busy or too sick. I wish I could afford to hire a friend to clean our house, but its just not in the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment